With over 20 years’ experience in the Luxembourg investment fund industry, Ulrike’s expertise covers all legal aspects of regulated and non-regulated investment funds and asset management areas.
Her practice focuses on providing legal assistance to promoters of regulated investment funds (UCITS and UCIs) in their day-to-day management, including the setting-up and launch of sub-funds, the creation of new asset classes, changes to investment policy, governance and remuneration policies, side-pockets as well as restructuring and liquidation aspects.
She also advises promoters of specialised investment funds (SIFs) and venture capital investment companies (SICARs), as well as reserved alternative investment funds (RAIFs) and unregulated alternative investment funds (AIFs).
Ulrike has gained immense experience working with major international clients which enables her to also deal with regulatory issues affecting legal aspects of asset management and related legal issues such as alternative investment fund managers (AIFM), MiFID, anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism, distribution and financial industry professionals.
She is in regular contact with the Luxembourg financial supervisory authority, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier.
- Founding Partner of Marjac Avocats
- Head of Investment Management, Funds and Regulatory at Weidema van Tol
- Counsel at Kleyr Grasso
- Senior Associate at Ogier
- Senior Associate at Dentons (formerly OPF Partner)
- Senior Legal Officer at BNP Paribas Securities Services, Luxembourg
- Associate at Linklaters
English, German and French
- Luxembourg Bar (since 1999)
- Luxembourg Association of Banking Lawyers (ALJB)
- Association of the Luxembourg Fund Industry (ALFI)
- University of Luxembourg, Additional courses in Luxembourg law and registration with the Luxembourg Bar in 1999
- National Polytechnic Institute of Lorraine, Nancy, Diploma in Management and Administration – 1996
- University of law of Nancy, Diplôme d’études approfondies en droit européen comparé – 1994
- Université of law of Metz, Master in business law – 1992
- University of law of Metz, License in private law – 1991
- University of law of Saarbrucken (Germany), First Graduation in French-German law – 1990